UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN—MADISON:
DETAILS AND PRICING
LOCATION AND TIMING
Design the Future will be hosted at the University of Wisconsin—Madison in the summer of 2019.
There will be two programs taking place for 6 days each:
- June 17-22
- June 24-29
The program typically runs from 9AM-6PM each day. Lunch is provided throughout the program for all participants. Housing is not provided, though out-of-town students are welcome to apply if they can arrange their own housing and transportation for the week. In the past we’ve had students from as far as South Korea, Washington, Southern California, India, and Texas all attend the program.
PRICING AND ENROLLMENT DISCOUNTS
The cost of the enrollment will range from $1200 - $1,450, depending on how early a student applies. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis until the program fills up. Financial Aid will be available for a limited number of students who demonstrate significant financial hardship. If you think you may qualify for financial assistance, please indicate that on your application.
DESIGN THE FUTURE EXPO
On the final day of the program, family, friends, and the wider community are invited to the university for the Design the Future Expo, a media attended event where students will showcase the final products they created during the program and detail their journey along the way.
WHAT STUDENTS CAN EXPECT FROM DESIGN THE FUTURE
- 50+ hours of guidance by UW—Madison educated mentors in the design and manufacturing of a unique product to solve a specific problem.
- The opportunity to learn from fantastic speakers in the areas of health, mobility, design, engineering, and entrepreneurship.
- Knowledge of the design thinking process used by DC Design and taught at institutions like UW-Madison and Stanford University.
- The opportunity to learn from incredible individuals as you work to solve problems related to your project partner’s disability.
- The chance to become part of a select community of peers all striving to making the world better.
- An understanding of how to effectively approach and solve problems, big and small.
- A great time!
Design the Future is a competitive program with a limited number of available spots. Because we accept students on a rolling basis, enrollment into the program followed by later cancellation means that another student is unable to participate. Because of this, we are unable to offer full refunds.
Program Withdrawal Date & Percentage of Tuition Returned information is as follows:
- Withdrawal by February 1st: 75% of tuition returned
- Withdrawal by March 1st: 50% of tuition returned
- Withdrawal by April 1st: 25% of tuition returned
- Withdrawal by May 1st: 10% of tuition returned